#MyTabeeb - A Healthcare Solution for the Smartphone Generation
Access to healthcare information gets very crucial when God forbid some emergency happens. At that time, we need correct and complete information on our fingertips because this can become a matter of life and death for someone.
MyTabeeb is the solution to this problem.
The app was launch in January 2016 by Seventh Sense and they have started it off by collecting data from our local hospitals in Karachi about the doctors and their schedules. Since then, they have moved towards other cities, such as Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Peshawar. They are soon rolling it out for Multan, Faisalabad and Sialkot as well. For now, the app has over 3,000 doctors and over 60 hospitals in its database.
MyTabeeb can assist you in a lot of different ways,
- You can find doctors by their specialty or the problem you are facing.
- You can also use location based service to find doctors near you, including the direction to get there.
- Dial directly from the app to book an appointment/get more information.
- Emergency numbers, including Ambulance services, Police and Fire Brigade, etc.
The app is for now available on Play store (for Android Smartphones) and will be soon launched for Apple store. The app has a rating of 4.2 and has over 1 thousand downloads.
For future, they can also add the following features to make our lives easier.
- Adding blood banks numbers in emergency contacts.
- Rating and review for doctors and hospitals.
- Search hospitals by facilities.
- Search doctors by availability.
- Booking an appointments directly from the app, etc.
- Adding reminders to follow up visits, etc.
As we have a high rate of smartphone penetration and with higher bandwidth available for the users, this app is definitely a step forward to digitize crucial information and making it accessible for everyone.
For downloading the app: https://goo.gl/U1E7Uy
Web App: https://www.mytabeeb.pk