Image source: Google
Reading has always been my solace and there is nothing I love more than reading a beautiful, thought provoking and well researched book. But besides being a bookworm, I am also a proud show off (have multiple documented allegations of that) and update my reading lists publicly on goodreads. Also, I am a member of multiple book clubs and I love the discussion and recommendations coming from my fellow bookworms.
Recently, someone asked me to send them a list of my top ten favorite books and the idea froze me with fear. How can anyone do that? There is no way I can list my top ten favorite books, I can’t even list my top hundred favorite books. But what I can do is to tell you the best books I have read recently. This list is in no particular order and I just picked up the books that I have read in past few months.
So here is my list of beautiful books for you!
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (Horrifying, though provoking, best of dystopian literature)
- My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk (Not just your regular murder mystery, a book so well written you wouldn’t want to put it down!)
- A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway (A tragic love story in the backdrop of WWI, it’s beautifully written and will make you cry!)
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari (Absolutely brilliant, an extremely well-researched book that will give you a better perspective on our lives!)
- Ordinary People by Judith Guest (Will definitely make you cry!)
- A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking (Just read it, please!)
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame (It’s a classic book from children’s literature, loved it!)
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg, Nell Scovell (Well, we all need to lean in, don’t we?)
- The Diary of a Nobody by George Grossmith, Weedon Grossmith (Really amusing, it’s a feel-good read!)
- Galileo's Daughter: A Historical Memoir of Science, Faith and Love by Dava Sobel (History, Science, and the story of an exceptional woman, what’s not to love?)
I do hope you enjoy these books. Let me know which one was your favorite?
We have a reading list for our #WomenInTechPK Community, you can see it here.
If you want to talk about books, tweet at me!