Image source: Google
I was introduced to TedTalks few years ago by one of my clients while we were talking about some issues related to mental health. It was a talk by Surgeon and author Sherwin Nuland on Shock Therapy and how it can help people with severe depression. I remember watching this talk and not being able to sleep that night thinking about his extraordinary life story. His talk got me hooked and I started following TEDTalks very religiously.
For people who don’t know much about TED (I highly doubt that), it stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design. It is a set of conferences held globally, some under TED and others as TEDx ( independently organized TED event) that call exceptional speakers to share knowledge and exchange ideas. These talks are available on their website and YouTube channel.
I am a huge fan of these conferences and over the years I have seen hundreds of these talks. I would love to share some of my favorite TEDTalks with you (in no particular order!).
Here is my list # 1:
- The power of vulnerability by Brene Brown
- Do school kill creativity? by Sir Ken Robinson
- The power of introverts by Susan Cain
- Your elusive creative genius by Elizabeth Gilbert
- A kinder, gentler philosophy of success by Alain de Botton
- Tales of passion by Isabel Allende
- Trial, error and the God complex by Tim Harford
- How I hacked online dating by Amy Webb
- Big data is better data by Kenneth Cukier
- How electroshock therapy changed me by Sherwin Nuland
I hope you will enjoy these amazing talks.
If you want to talk about these ideas, tweet at me!